We welcome you to our ‘Good’ school where children enjoy the caring Christian ethos which underpins all that we do.
We currently have places available in all year groups except Year 3 and Year 6.
Please contact us if you have yet to register your child into a school and we will be happy to assist you in the process.
Policies and Information
- Admission Appeals Information and Timeline
- 2022-23 Admissions Policy
- 2023-24 Admissions Policy
- 2024-25 Admissions Policy
Come and meet us!
We would love to share with you what makes us unique:
- Our breakfast club is open from 8am daily, offering a 50p breakfast and an opportunity to start the day in a relaxed, fun way. After breakfast, our children enjoy art/craft activities, play games or enjoy outdoor activities in the summer months.
- Free after school activities ranging from sports, cooking, gardening to Lego.
- Food For Life Gold Award … going for Gold! Food for Life embedded within our curriculum.
- Healthy organic school meals for just £1.50 / day (Years 3-6).
- Proud to be part of EPESS – European healthy pupils and skills educators. An international Erasmus+ project involving schools in UK, Denmark and the Czech Republic.
- Our allotment with wildlife pond / pond dipping allowing pupils first hand experience of growing foods – seed to plate.
Local Authority’s Co-ordinated Admission Scheme
Newland St Johns participates in the Local Authority’s Co-ordinated Admission Scheme for in-year admissions. If parents/carers wish to apply for a school place, applications can be made at https://www.hull.gov.uk/children-and-families/schools-and-education/school-transfers.
After the Local Authority (LA) have received your application the LA determine whether a school place can be allocated at any of your preferred schools. This will take an average of 15 school days. The LA will then write to you to confirm whether a place has been allocated. This may take a little longer during busy periods.
The Local Authority offer you the right to appeal if the LA cannot place you at one of your preferred schools. An appeal form and guidance will be sent to you with the letter confirming the outcome of your application.
More information is available on the link above.